Sunday, November 29, 2009

Perfect?

In English, we listened to a quote from a movie that dealt with what the main character thought perfection really meant. He defined it as you and your relationships with those around you. It's about doing everything you possibly could and knowing that you didn't let your friends down. I don't really agree with this definition of being perfect. I know that God defines perfection as...being perfect. There's no one except Him who truly is perfect. We as Christians strive to be perfect, not to try to become like God, even though God originally intended humans to be perfect beings. God understands that no matter how hard we try, we can never be perfect like Him because of sin. But that shouldn't stop us from being passionate and serious with our relationship with Christ. This way, when I finally do come face-to-face with my Savior, I can know that I didn't disappoint Him when I hear him say to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, Jeremy. I think you have a balanced perspective on this!

    ReplyDelete